Jap-n-Crazy Closure notice!!!!

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #33476 by Pabz
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Pabz.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #33477 by Arnie
I can understand what you're saying. It's hard to keep a club and related website/forum going when there is little or no interest. The exact same thing happened to Japmids the other year. It may be an idea to create some kind of flyer/poster that members can download and print off, then we could "tag" any Jap cars we see out and about to try and promote more interest in the club. This seems like a well organised club and it would be a shame to see it fold. I'm no artist or expert but I could try to knock something up. I've never used photoshop or anything but I'm willing to give it a go. Or maybe one of the other members is a dab hand at it. Looking at some of the banners I'd guess there's one or two who could knock something up?? Maybe trying to poach members from other clubs? Join an OC and browse the members for locals and send them a friendly invite to join JNC?? Apart from that I can't really think of anything else. It all depends on the club members I suppose, how much we're all willing to do. I've only met a few of you once but as I said, I wouldn't like to see the club fold.

You can't beat a good Wankel!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #33478 by sausagefingers
understand wot ur sayin mate i come on as often as i can but until recently it has been difficult with the site not working unless you go through google so maybe/hopefully now its working again people will start using it again

[

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #33480 by 3gdean
agree with what everyone is saying, it is a pain getting to the site through a posted topic and not the homepage.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #33482 by Pabz
Replied by Pabz on topic Jap-n-Crazy Closure notice!!!!
I realise that the main page was down, but i can't believe that nobody has saved the forum address in their favorites and out of the ten or fifthteen people that have my number not one has text me to say it was down and affecting site access.

As i have always said if everybody wants the site and club to do well i will do whatever it takes, but even when the main page was up there was a lack of use. I still need the art work from tony, and i believe he also doesn't want to hold the club finds anymore.

One person contributed towards the running of the club when the paypal donation was available. We need funds to improve on things and grow the club! Producing flyers costs money, advertising costs money and booking shows costs money. I am not gonna pay for everything myself.

The reason dave gave up the site was through lack of interest in the club and the amount of time that has to be put in maintaining it.

Can someone please contact tony and ask him to send me the artwork?
If any one wants my number plenty of people have it, if there are problems let me know.

We need to find new members and encourage people to stay, come to shows and breath some life back into the club!

If we want this to work then lets do it!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -Pabz

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #33483 by Mr. G
Sad days mate.......think a lot of clubs are going through the same..........last year,there was only JAE that had a decent turnout......You must do whatever is best for you mate.........I can't see anyone else on here commiting to the workload it takes to run the forum.......You shouldn't be out of pocket either,how much are you short on hosting fee's etc.,i'll see if i can muster up some funds from people at the Pub,and i'll pay you via Paypal........sotrry it's coming to this Pabz

JDM Isuzu Vehi-Cross....3.2l Quad Cam V6.....(Judge Dredd's Daily)
JDM Isuzu TFS 69 Crew Cab 3.1l Turbo.....(Work Horse)
UK Toyota Rav 4 (Shopping Trolley)

Non Jap....VX 220 Turbo Stage 2


Former Glories.....S14 200sx,R33 GTR......

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #33491 by Pabz
Well it is sad, but if it comes to it then thats what will have to happen! I don't want to have to close the site but at the moment there's no interest! I know the whole scene is suffering but we need to find a way to stay a float and rock the world!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #33510 by sausagefingers
Im trying to get people back on the forum starting with rich and Tony, also asked at work for them to pass on gherkin to any one they know into jap cars :)

[

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #33522 by Pabz
Thats great mate, appreciate the effort

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #33527 by sausagefingers
Let's just hope it works, will try and get rich into the habit of comin on too, especially now I'm starting his install :)

[

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #33532 by gtir350
Paul
I've taken a backup of the site now, was 2.7gb

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #33539 by Pabz
Replied by Pabz on topic Jap-n-Crazy Closure notice!!!!
Thats alot of data! Cheers Dave


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -Pabz

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #33558 by greenwarrior
i have put it about at work and there is a guy who is going to sign up , and no doubt his kids will as one wants to take photos of our cars and the other is studying graphics design for decals and so all in all should be good

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #33578 by gtir350

greenwarrior wrote: i have put it about at work


I lol.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #33581 by 3gdean

gtir350 wrote:

greenwarrior wrote: i have put it about at work


I lol.


and we wonder why he goes through so many jobs. :laugh:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum