FORUM UPDATES, CHANGES & ISSUES
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #31488
by Pabz
FORUM UPDATES, CHANGES & ISSUES was created by Pabz
This post serves to log updates, changes and improvements to the site.
You can also report any issues you may have!
Pabz
You can also report any issues you may have!
Pabz
Last edit: 15 years 5 months ago by Admin San.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #31504
by tommo
96 Pulsar Serie GTi
Replied by tommo on topic Re:FORUM UPDATES, CHANGES & ISSUES
excellent work mr pablos estovan!
96 Pulsar Serie GTi
Please Log in to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #31528
by Pabz
Replied by Pabz on topic Re:FORUM UPDATES, CHANGES & ISSUES
Forum Maintainence complete for today, a few hundred inactive and spam accounts deleted.
193 pages of users, so still a lot more to go through!
193 pages of users, so still a lot more to go through!
Please Log in to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #31535
by Ikarus
Replied by Ikarus on topic Re:FORUM UPDATES, CHANGES & ISSUES
Appreciated Mr Pabz.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #31541
by Pabz
Replied by Pabz on topic Re:FORUM UPDATES, CHANGES & ISSUES
it's gonna take a few more goes but I'll get them all
Please Log in to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #31731
by Pabz
Replied by Pabz on topic Re:FORUM UPDATES, CHANGES & ISSUES
More member culling will take place this weekend! This is mainly reducing all the spam accounts and non posters.
This will take place accross the whole weekend to fit in around everything else I have to do.
The forum should remain up and running!
This will take place accross the whole weekend to fit in around everything else I have to do.
The forum should remain up and running!
Please Log in to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #31784
by Pabz
Replied by Pabz on topic Re:FORUM UPDATES, CHANGES & ISSUES
If your account has become deleted during site admin then apoligies in advance!
But anything that looks remotely spam like wil be deleted!
There are 107 pages of users and that is with 50 users displayed per page!
But anything that looks remotely spam like wil be deleted!
There are 107 pages of users and that is with 50 users displayed per page!
Please Log in to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #32018
by Pabz
Replied by Pabz on topic Re:FORUM UPDATES, CHANGES & ISSUES
I have just had a look at the sites backend software. It is currently 3 years out of date. Problems and errors, including the gallery function will continue to happen until I can perform a site update. I know Dave is very busy but I cannot update everything until I have the site hosted on my account. As soon as this happens I will get the site updated!
Please Log in to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #32183
by Pabz
Replied by Pabz on topic Re:FORUM UPDATES, CHANGES & ISSUES
Current Version of forum software:
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.0.15 Stable [ Daytime ] 22 February 2008 23:00 UTC
To old, need to update!!!!
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.0.15 Stable [ Daytime ] 22 February 2008 23:00 UTC
To old, need to update!!!!
Please Log in to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #32188
by gtir350
Replied by gtir350 on topic Re:FORUM UPDATES, CHANGES & ISSUES
eh up padz,
Just to give you a bit of info if you didnt know.
Joomla is the backend that the forum sits on, version 1.0.15 its the latest version for 1.X , version 1.5 is a totaly diffrent build, as a lot of the code / plugsins are written for 1.X they might not work so will need carefull planning before upgrading.
docs.joomla.org/Migrating_from_1.0.x_to_1.5_Stable
The forum software is fireboard, which will also need to be upgraded if joomla is changed, same goes for calander , galleys , PM system etc etc...
It might be easyer to port the entire database to a diffrent system ? who knows !!!!
I'll try to get in contact with vida today
Dave
Just to give you a bit of info if you didnt know.
Joomla is the backend that the forum sits on, version 1.0.15 its the latest version for 1.X , version 1.5 is a totaly diffrent build, as a lot of the code / plugsins are written for 1.X they might not work so will need carefull planning before upgrading.
docs.joomla.org/Migrating_from_1.0.x_to_1.5_Stable
The forum software is fireboard, which will also need to be upgraded if joomla is changed, same goes for calander , galleys , PM system etc etc...
It might be easyer to port the entire database to a diffrent system ? who knows !!!!
I'll try to get in contact with vida today
Dave
Please Log in to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #32208
by Pabz
Replied by Pabz on topic Re:FORUM UPDATES, CHANGES & ISSUES
how do mate. Yeah I had an idea, just written it in the post so it makes no sense having re read it. Just noticed that there are errors about the forum and was hoping that an upgarde would sort them out.
I had looked at some other forum software but not sure. Moving to a new system may be an idea.
Vidahost said all they need is a ticket from you asking to move the account to my own, they jsut need you to specify my email address which I will PM you!
Need to try and get the gallery working also!
Cheers Dave
I had looked at some other forum software but not sure. Moving to a new system may be an idea.
Vidahost said all they need is a ticket from you asking to move the account to my own, they jsut need you to specify my email address which I will PM you!
Need to try and get the gallery working also!
Cheers Dave
Please Log in to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #32537
by Pabz
Replied by Pabz on topic Re:FORUM UPDATES, CHANGES & ISSUES
Hi guys,
I have had to change the servers again in order for us to be on the most up to date server, there may be areas where info may be missing, so apoligies in advance! Prime exanple, my signature picture. This is due to a problem with a wordpress theme and mysql databases. Essentially I have lost my japanesemodifiedcars.co site and have to start again! No drama other that the fact i have to upload eveything and customize the theme again but such is life!
I will update further when I have caught up on the backend work needed.
Pabz
I have had to change the servers again in order for us to be on the most up to date server, there may be areas where info may be missing, so apoligies in advance! Prime exanple, my signature picture. This is due to a problem with a wordpress theme and mysql databases. Essentially I have lost my japanesemodifiedcars.co site and have to start again! No drama other that the fact i have to upload eveything and customize the theme again but such is life!
I will update further when I have caught up on the backend work needed.
Pabz
Please Log in to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #32800
by Pabz
Replied by Pabz on topic Re:FORUM UPDATES, CHANGES & ISSUES
The site will be down for maintenance from 0:00 12/08/2011 if you have any isseues plaes text/email me!
Please Log in to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds